The degree of hemolysis is an essential indicator of the quality and integrity of blood products. The HemoCue® Plasma/Low Hb system consists of a specially designed photometer and microcuvette for the quantitative determination of low levels of hemoglobin in plasma or serum specimens, aqueous solutions, or stored or banked erythrocytes.
Incorrect storage and insufficient deglycerolization of banked erythrocyte suspensions are typical situations where hemolysis of red cells can occur. In the laboratory, hemolysis is an important preanlytical factor that affects the accuracy and clinical utility of many test results. By assessing the degree of hemolysis before analysis, the sample can be accepted or rejected. Hemolysis is also a prime consideration in the context of perioperative or postoperative blood salvage where blood is processed by hemofiltration or by cell savers.
The HemoCue® Plasma/Low Hb System makes it possible to easily and accurately estimate hemolysis directly at the point of care. You can count on HemoCue for the right solutions for all your needs.
Have confidence in your answers at the point of care
- Replace subjective visual judgement
- Precise factory calibration against the ICSH reference method
- Patented microcuvette technology with excellent lot-to-lot reproducibility
- Blood-based liquid controls available
Get easy access to lab-quality accuracy
- Plasma, serum, aqueous solutions or stored erythrocyte suspensions
- Simple to use, providing results within one minute
- Portability enables testing anywhere
- Brief training with virtually no maintenance